Leonardo da Vinci, the world-renowned artist and engineer, said ‘wisdom is the daughter of experience’. So, with this in mind, here is some food for thought for those looking to overcome those all too frequent specification and installation pain points, based on the WES team’s extensive experience in this field:
Location, location, location – with more stringent requirements for the removal of phosphorus under AMP7, there has been an increase in demand for chemical dosing systems on smaller, trickier sites. To overcome the pain point of a difficult location or small footprint, many compact packaged dosing systems are increasingly popular. This is because:
- Compact dosing systems have an immediate flexibility advantage over their large predecessors, as they give wider scope for location choice, fitting easily into smaller sites
- Systems like the DS1500 from WES come with inbuilt weather protection, expanding applicability to both outdoor and indoor locations
- Self-contained small and large chemical dosing systems, such as those supplied by WES, are single lift packages that are flexible enough to meet all control requirements and other product standards relating to different water utilities and approved suppliers.
Keeping the costs down – the best way to keep costs down is to minimise any nasty surprises. This is where standardisation, experience and simplicity can make all the difference:
- Using framework designs that are agreed upon by the supply chain can help a standardised cost to be achieved by a delivery provider
- Experience can also help simplify the specification and reduce costs. The team at WES has been able to halve costs for some customers as they have used their skills and knowledge to provide a better design. For example WES delivered cheaper costs on a project by looking at a different way of achieving the end result, coming up with a 5m2 system compared to the original 3.5m x 7.5m solution.
Speeding up delivery times – time is money and mistakes can be costly in terms of service quality, expense and speed. To ensure the job is delivered as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible:
- What checking process does the supplier have in place to minimise errors? At WES even the most straightforward jobs are peer reviewed by others, to make sure that no one has made a mistake that will lead to delivery delays or additional costs
- Getting to the root of the problem not only saves time but money. A good supplier will ask questions and ideally check the site, so that the problem is understood and the right solution specified.
None of the suggestions listed here are rocket science. They are just based on the WES team’s years of experience in delivering the right chemical dosing system, in the right time frame and at the right price.
For more information on how WES can help you achieve the best chemical dosing system to meet your needs – painlessly – please contact us