As part of the Capital Projects team contributing to order intake growth in line with the current plan by preparing estimates and proposals to our clients.
Ensure efficient follow up of live proposals to maximise the opportunity to win contracts.
Develop and maintain strong relationships with the purchasing and operational teams within existing, or new client accounts.
Duties & Responsibilites
- Enquiry Handling
- Assess and interpret customer enquiries, including scope of supply documents and technical drawings such as P&ID’s, GA’s and site layouts.
- Prepare proposals in line with the agreed bid strategy, including engagement with Engineering, Manufacturing, Site Team and other departments for appropriate input into the bids.
- Ensure technical and commercial compliance with WES policies in all bids.
- Occasional visits to client offices and/or sites as necessary, to fully understand client requirements and to ensure the company presents an accurate proposal which meets client expectations.
- Ensure proposals are properly documented, approved and recorded on Sharepoint.
- Respond to bid clarification questions.
- Routinely track all projects post-tender, keep Sharepoint updated, and provide a monthly rolling orders forecast.
- Arrange clear, timely and complete contract handovers to the delivery team. Act as the ‘customer voice’ during the contract delivery period including participation in design reviews and inspections.
- Business Development and Marketing
- Actively develop relationships with existing client accounts, to help grow WES’ business. Track and record organisational changes and business direction within client accounts.
- Monitor competitor activity; be alert to business opportunities, as well as threats, and report accordingly.
- Provide input and ideas for WES news releases (website, social media/LinkedIn, mailshots) to help drive new enquiries and strengthen the WES profile.
- Ensure all activity is compliant with relevant Company management systems and procedures, including Health and Safety legislation.
- Perform other tasks as may reasonably be expected or requested generally as an employee of the Company.
- Behaviours and Self-Development:
- Identify and complete, where approved, relevant training to maintain and develop personal skills appropriate to the role.
- Adopt and promote a collaborative team-based approach across WES to share skills and expertise, problem solve and communicate to ensure best business performance.
- Always represent WES professionally, maintaining Company values, reputation and image in the marketplace.