Title: Project Financial Analyst
Reports to: Financial Director
As Project Financial Analyst you will assist the business in delivering projects in the most effective manner. On a day to day basis you will be collaborating with the projects team to maintain detailed financial plans ensuring the financial health of our projects. This developmental role will be supported by both the Finance team and Projects team. The role will grow with the right individual to contribute constructively across wider areas of a very dynamic and entrepreneurial business.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Own the accurate assessment of project financial performance. Through regular collaboration with Project Managers assess the performance of their contracts.
- Ensure projects financial data is reported accurately in the monthly accounting process as well as in project cost reporting.
- Assist Project Managers to provide accurate costing and earned value recognition.
- Deliver financial reporting and dashboards to stakeholders across the business.
- Provide Business Stream management with timely, accurate and relevant information on both a project and business steam basis.
- Ensure the project financial forecasting and programming is maintained so as to enable cashflow and revenue forecasting.
- Provide support to the Business Stream management to ensure the sound financial management of the steam.
- Support Project Managers in maximising performance by assisting with contract financial terms and conditions.
- Support the costing of risk registers for projects and consolidate risk reporting for financial purposes.
- Ensure compliance with Financial requirements and projects control processes, including audits.
- Assist in preparing cost estimates for new estimates and ensure accurate financial data for bids.
- Support the business in improvements.
Level of Autonomy
- A development programme will be provided and guidance will be provided by the Finance Director.
- Plans own work taking within the framework of deadlines for periodic reporting.
- Routine scheduled work will form the majority of tasks.
- Ad-hoc activities include problem solving will often be required as a result of routine activity.
- Travel to sites other than Basingstoke head office is very rare. This role is to be embedded with Project Management team being 100% in the Basingstoke head office.
|Behaviours||A high degree of professional integrity.|
Routine work to a high degree of accuracy.
|Constructively challenge assumptions and explanations.|
Switch between tasks frequently.
Demonstrable influencing skills.
Identify opportunities for improvement.
|Qualifications||A levels or equivalent||Degree qualified or equivalent|
Or Part qualified Accounts Professional
Or Quantity Surveyor, Association of Project Managers Fundamentals
|Experience||Handling financial information and costings at a junior level.||A role in the engineering industry.|
Project work Internal controls
|IT||Highly proficient in MS ExcelOther MS Office 365 tools||MS SharePoint|
RedSky accounting software
Sage Procurement and Inventory.
- Salary rate £20,000 to £30,000 dependant on suitability.
- Life assurance policy.
- Employee benefits package.