The Project Manager (Operations) is responsible for:
- Managing CAPEX based projects from client order receipt to client handover, meeting contractual obligations of time, budget quality and margin.
- Managing Capex based capital projects from engineering handover to completion of site installation, meeting contractual obligations of time, budget, quality, and margin for that phase of the project.
- The application of sound & robust project engineering principles to all aspects of work undertaken.
Duties & Responsibilities
In general, this role takes ownership and is accountable for delivering projects (whether in the form of a formal sub-contract order or a purchase order). This may include but is not limited to:
- Interpretation of the WES proposal, client specification & expectations of all parties.
- Project planning to achieve the optimum WES, and agreed client installation & delivery dates.
- Ensuring that when part of a project, design, equipment schedules, P&ID’s, layouts, calculations, etc are all appropriate and suitable to achieve project performance requirements.
- Project cost & budget management to achieve or improve upon agreed project margins.
- Materials & equipment procurement to ensure effectiveness and cost / quality balance.
- Change & variation management & control to maximise opportunity & mitigate risk to project margins, including appropriate contract administration and communication of changes and variations.
- Ensure that all projects are installed to operational safety requirements, and to comply with the company’s and statutory HSEQ policies and regulations.
- Preparation of documents & information to allow workshop manufacture / assembly of projects to be efficient & effective.
- Managing customer & WES stakeholder expectations by facilitation of regular project review meetings, progress reports, etc.
- Planning & preparation of documents & information to allow site installation activities to be undertaken efficiently & effectively.
- Coordination of system commissioning, certification, & documentation.
- Contract compliance in respect of timely payment applications, notices, submissions, etc.
- Delegate where appropriate project requirements using the experience and skills of the wider WES project & engineering teams to deliver project requirements most effectively. Close liaison with managers & directors to understand and agree individual & team priorities. Co-ordinate between workshop & site teams.
- Collaborate with cross department stakeholders to ensure responsibilities are clearly understood & project performance criteria is clearly communicated.
- Collaborate with the wider Capex team in developing new products and standardising typical engineering solutions to recurring elements of projects.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and to actively work to improve WES procedures & processes for the management of projects
- Maintain personal awareness of relevant industry standards, developments, and legislation. Also ensure personal qualifications and accreditations remain relevant for the role, liaising with appropriate business colleagues to ensure these are maintained in a timely manner.
- Identify and promote new ideas and improvements to the business via the appropriate reporting mechanisms.
- Only when necessary, undertake “hands on” work in respect of installation and testing either on site or in the WES manufacturing facility
- Demonstrate actions & behaviours to support WES “values” at all times
- As this is a mobile role, there will be a need to travel to various client and WES sites on a regular basis. This may require overnight stays and extended flexibility in respect of personal time management and commitment. Therefore, a flexible approach to working hours and scope of working requirements will be necessary.